Aparna Yadav, Mulayam Singh Yadav’s daughter-in-law, joined BJP in Delhi on Wednesday ahead of the impending Uttar Pradesh election. According to BJP insiders, she would most likely be a contender in the race.
The transfer, a boost for the BJP, comes as a succession of OBC politicians leaves the saffron party to join the SP, undermining the BJP’s narrative in the poll-bound state.
In the presence of Keshav Prasad Maurya and the party’s state chief Swatandra Dev Singh, Aparna, Mulayam Singh Yadav’s younger son Pratik’s bride, joined the BJP at the national headquarters in Delhi.
Meanwhile, Aparna, 32, said she joined the BJP “to fulfill her duty towards the country” since she always puts the country first. She claimed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership and the BJP’s policies impacted her decision.
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi has always been an inspiration to me. Now I want to make an effort to do better for the country. The BJP’s plans have always pleased me, and I intend to give it my all in the party,” Aparna remarked.
Aparna Yadav runs a women’s organization in UP, and she loves BJP’s policy for many years
Both Maurya and Singh took advantage of the opportunity on Wednesday to attack the SP and its leader, Akhilesh Singh Yadav. He gets credit for starting any project or scheme launched by the BJP government.
He went on to say that the BJP had already named him and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath as candidates in the first round of voting.
If someone approached the police, Miajaan would call them. The state was ruled by Azam Khan at the time, and the region was filled with fear. The people, on the other hand, have experienced good government under the BJP.
The BJP suffered an embarrassment earlier this month when three of its ministers and eleven MLAs left the party, with the majority joining the SP, undermining the BJP’s narrative of being a party for OBCs and Dalits.
Aparna’s joining the BJP, according to BJP sources, will enable the party to deal a blow to the SP leadership and change the narrative in their favor.
Why is Aparna Yadav important for BJP?
- Aparna graduated from the University of Manchester with an MA in International Relations and Politics.
- Aparna Yadav opposes the Samajwadi Party on the NRC issue. She had also voted in favour of repealing Article 370.
- Prateek Yadav, the son of Mulayam Singh’s second wife, Sadhana Gupta, is married to Aparna Yadav. Prateek and Aparna married in 2011 and had a daughter together.
- Aparna ran for the Lucknow Cantt assembly seat in 2017 and lost to Rita Bahuguna Joshi of the BJP.
- Arvind Singh Bisht, Aparna Yadav’s father, is a journalist and the current state information commissioner of Uttar Pradesh. Ambi Bisht, her mother, works for the Lucknow Municipal Corporation.
US Supreme Court Stuck Biden’s Workplace Vaccine Mandate
100% Safe & Legal Way to Usage of Omegle Talk to Strangers – Detailed Guide